Almost every tattoo artist has their own recommendations for healing a tattoo. Most of them are correct. The following recommendations are based on our client’s best healing experiences.
- Leave bandage on for 2-12 hours (overnight is okay)
- Remove bandage and take a hot shower. Use mild, fragrance-free soap; wash gently using fingertips. Pat dry gently with a towel.
- With clean hands, apply a small amount of Tattoo Lube. (Tattoo Lube contains almond and coconut oils, along with other natural ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions in some people.) Do not over use! Less is more!
- You may also use fragrance-free lotion such as Lubriderm or Jergens. If you have any type of rash or irritation please call us or stop by for advice.
- Flaking or scabbing may occur in 3-4 days. Do not scratch or pick.
- Normal showers only for 2 weeks. No soaking in water or swimming.
- Do not over-expose new tattoos to sun. After tattoo is healed, tanning will cause fading. Please use a strong sunscreen. Repeated burns on tattooed skin has been linked to skin cancer.
- New clothing that may touch a fresh tattoo must be washed before wearing to remove flame retardants and other chemicals.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your new tattoo, please do not hesitate to call us or stop by.